Regional Memorandums released for Temporary Suspension of Class Observation to All Teachers in All Grade Levels in CALABARZON & Bicol region.
DepEd CALABARZON Regional Memorandum No. 616, s. 2022 titled Temporary Suspension of Class Observation to All Teachers in All Grade Levels
To: Schools Division Superintendents
1. Relative to the schools’ preparation for the smooth transition of learning delivery modality from the blended learning to the resumption of the full implementation of 5-day in-person classes starting November 2, 2022, this Office reiterates the need to provide technical assistance and coaching to teachers in addressing the challenges in instructional delivery and classroom management including health and safety concerns with the end in view of ensuring optimum learning and recovery of learning loss.
2. Anent to this, formal classroom observation with the intention to evaluate or rate the teachers in all grade levels is hereby suspended until October 28, 2022.
3. However, informal classroom observations (ICOs) such as walk-ins or drop-ins shall be allowed. ICO is a strategy to get school heads into classrooms for 10 to 15 minutes with the intent to focus on teaching, learning and the interactions between teachers and students as the events of instruction unfolds.
4. Further, this Office ensures that students obtain the full benefit of the curriculum-based instruction for the prescribed number of school days contained in the school calendar, thus reiterates the strict prohibition of pulling out of teachers from their classes in compliance with DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005 re: instituting measures to increase time on task and ensuring compliance therewith.
5. For immediate dissemination and strict compliance.
DepEd Bicol Regional Memorandum No. 616, s. 2022 titled Temporary Suspension of Class Observation to All Teachers in All Grade Levels
Bicol Regional Director Mr. Gilbert Sadsad said that although DepEd has an order to head teachers who need to monitor the implementation of the 8-week learning recovery curriculum, especially in Grade 1 to 3, the monitoring must be focused on gathering feedback and resolving issues faced by teachers and giving technical assistance as needed.
Mr. Sadsad ordered that formal class observations with the purpose of rating teachers at all levels temporarily suspended until October 31, 2022 for this reason.
1. As schools in the Region adjust to the implementation of the 8-Week Learning Recovery Curriculum in Grades 1 to 3, together with the transition to in-person classes in other grade levels; this Office reiterates the need to assist the teachers as they manage the classrooms and implement instructional techniques to ensure maximized learning and recovery of learning loss.
2. And while regional and division monitoring are highly encouraged, and school heads are also given instructions to closely monitor and supervise the teaching and learning process in all grade levels, most especially in Grades 1 to 3 as Region V pilot-implements the 8-Week Learning Recovery Curriculum; the intention of such visits should be focused on gathering feedback, resolving issues encountered by teachers and providing technical assistance, as needed or requested.
3. Relevant to this, formal classroom observation with the intention to rate the teachers in all grade levels is hereby suspended until October 31, 2022.
4. For wide dissemination and strict compliance.
Be the first to be informed, Please like our Facebook Page here
Get notified Join Discord Server, HERE
DOWNLOAD MOST ESSENTIAL LEARNING TEACHING MATERIALS FOR THE WHOLE SCHOOL YEAR
- ALL NEW 2022-2023 Detailed Lesson Plans, DLLs
- All New Self-Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 in All Subjects
- Weekly Home Learning Plans 1st-4th Quarter in Complete Subjects for Grades 1-6
- Self Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 all Subjects All Quarters
- Complete daily lesson log DLL G1-6
- Complete PowerPoint Lesson Plan G1-6
- Complete Learning and Teaching Materials for Junior – Senior High
- Contextualize Lesson Plans for Kinder, Grades 1-10
- MELC’s for All Subjects
- Official Workweek Plan Templates
Disclaimer: This post is created for information, education and dissemination purposes only, NO copyright infringement intended, for more questions and inquiries contact us at [email protected]