In this post we will share to you a Teachers Guide in using Most Essential Learning Competencies MELCs for All Subject Areas.
About these Guides
The K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum is standards-based. The content standards cover a specified scope of topics which sets the essential knowledge and understanding that must be learned. The performance standards describe the abilities and skills that the learners are expected to demonstrate in relation to the content standards. These standards are further represented as learning competencies which are the knowledge, skills and attitudes that students need to demonstrate in every lesson or learning activity.
The existing health crisis brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic is considered as one of the greatest threats in the Philippine basic education. The challenge to make Education relevant and responsive to the current situation is our primary concern. With the expected decrease in the contact hours of teaching science brought by the change in schedule of the school year, the Curriculum Standards Development Division of the Bureau of Curriculum Development has identified learning competencies that are critical. These Most Essential Learning Competencies (MELCs) were identified using the criterion Endurance. They also refer to learning competencies which are essential in many professions and in everyday life.
To ensure continuity of the learning progression of our learners, it is essential to make sure that learning competencies needed in the understanding of succeeding concepts in the next grade level are prioritized. Over all, the resulting list still captures the objective of the science program which is the development of scientifically, technologically, and environmentally literate and productive members of society who manifest skills as a critical problem solvers, responsible stewards of nature, innovative and creative citizens, informed decision makers, and effective communicators.
The All New Teachers Guide (TG) in Using MELCs for SY 2020-2021
The DepED Official Copies of Most Essential Learning Competencies can be downloaded at LRMDS website. You can also download through mirror links available below.
- MELCs Official Copies – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using ARALING PANLIPUNAN MELCs – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using ENGLISH MELCs – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using EPP-TLE MELCs – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using ESP MELCs – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using FILIPINO MELCs – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using KINDERGARTEN MELCs – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using MAPEH MELCs – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using MATH MELCs – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using MOTHER TOUNGE (MTB) MELCs – DOWNLOAD
- Teachers Guide (TG) in Using SCIENCE MELCs – DOWNLOAD
YOU MAY ALSO DOWNLOAD MOST ESSENTIAL LEARNING TEACHING MATERIALS
- Complete daily lesson log DLL G1-6
- Complete PowerPoint Lesson Plan G1-6
- Complete Learning and Teaching Materials for Junior – Senior High
- Contextualize Lesson Plans for Kinder, Grades 1-10
- MELC’s for All Subjects
- Official Workweek Plan Templates
Be the first to be informed, Please like our Facebook Page here
Disclaimer: This post is created for information, education and dissemination purposes only, NO copyright infringement intended, for more questions and inquiries contact us at [email protected]