Suspension of Work and Classes in the Department of Education on January 2, 2019
- Assistant Secretaries
- Regional Secretary, ARMM
- Bureau and Service Directors
- Regional Directors
- Schools Division SuperintendentsPublic and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
- All Others Concerned
1. The Office of the President, through Memorandum Circular No. 54 dated December 17, 2018 (copy enclosed) issued by Executive Secretary Salvador C. Medialdea by authority of the President, suspended work in all government offices on January 2, 2019. As such, work in all offices and units of the Department of Education (DepEd) throughout the country is suspended on the said date.
2. Similarly, all classes nationwide from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in public schools are suspended on the said date, while suspension of classes in private schools is left to the discretion of their respective school administrations.
3. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.