The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) is set to collect higher premium contributions from its members in June in accordance with the Universal Health Care (UHC) Law.
According to the news, PhilHealth said the contribution rate will be hike to 4% for members earning P10,000 to P80,000 per month.
PhilHealth officials said the hike in contributions would be imposed next month as they the company was still upgrading its Information Technology System.
President Rodrigo Duterte in February 2019 signed the UHC to guarantee all Filipinos equal access to quality and affordable goods and services in healthcare.
Under the UHC Law, the premium rate shall increase by increments of 0.5% every year starting from 3% in 2020 until it reached 5%.
The premium contribution was supposed to increase from 3% to 3.5% in January 2021 but was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
PhilHealth is still studying the possibility of charging its members the amount of the contributions that were not collected because of the suspension.
The agency aims to collect about P180 billion for this year.
DOWNLOAD MOST ESSENTIAL LEARNING TEACHING MATERIALS
- All New 4RD Quarter Self-Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 in All Subjects
- Weekly Home Learning Plans 1st-4th Quarter in Complete Subjects for Grades 1-6
- Self Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 all Subjects All Quarters
- Complete daily lesson log DLL G1-6
- Complete PowerPoint Lesson Plan G1-6
- Complete Learning and Teaching Materials for Junior – Senior High
- Contextualize Lesson Plans for Kinder, Grades 1-10
- MELC’s for All Subjects
- Official Workweek Plan Templates
Be the first to be informed, Please like our Facebook Page here
Disclaimer: This post is created for information, education and dissemination purposes only, NO copyright infringement intended, for more questions and inquiries contact us at [email protected]