Education Secretary Leonor Briones said Wednesday learners who want to participate in face-to-face classes are not required to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
“Not necessarily, hindi (not) required. It is voluntary kasi ang parents ang magdi-decide diyan (because the parents will be the ones to decide on that), but, of course, we will encourage them,” Briones said during a televised public briefing.
She said the Department of Education has a similar policy with the Department of Health regarding the needed consent from the parents on pediatric vaccination.
Citing zero cases of Covid-19 among 15,000 learners involved in the pilot implementation of face-to-face classes, Briones said young children have high level of immunity against diseases.
Meantime, teaching and non-teaching personnel who will participate in the face-to-face classes are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Unvaccinated personnel who need to report to schools must be tested for Covid-19 and be able to submit the result.
To date, a total of 4,295 schools started face-to-face classes while 6,213 schools are ready for implementation based on the criteria set by the concerned government agencies.
The DepEd implemented the progressive expansion of the in-person classes on February 22 upon President Rodrigo Duterte’s approval.
DOWNLOAD MOST ESSENTIAL LEARNING TEACHING MATERIALS
- All New 4RD Quarter Self-Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 in All Subjects
- Weekly Home Learning Plans 1st-4th Quarter in Complete Subjects for Grades 1-6
- Self Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 all Subjects All Quarters
- Complete daily lesson log DLL G1-6
- Complete PowerPoint Lesson Plan G1-6
- Complete Learning and Teaching Materials for Junior – Senior High
- Contextualize Lesson Plans for Kinder, Grades 1-10
- MELC’s for All Subjects
- Official Workweek Plan Templates
Be the first to be informed, Please like our Facebook Page here
Disclaimer: This post is created for information, education and dissemination purposes only, NO copyright infringement intended, for more questions and inquiries contact us at [email protected]