JULY 18, 2019 DepEd Order 017, S. 2019 GUIDELINES ON THE PROVISION AND USE OF OFFICIAL MOBILE PHONES, POSTPAID LINES AND PREPAID LOADS.
The use of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) equipment such as mobile phones is essential in carrying out the diverse tasks and responsibilities in workplaces especially in the Department of Education (DepEd). Mobile phones complemented with provisions on postpaid lines and prepaid loads allow the DepEd officials and other personnel concerned to have immediate communication with clients and stakeholders, and enable them to respond to time-sensitive issues and concerns.
- Scope of the Policy
This DepEd Order provides standards and procedures in the provision and use of mobile phones, postpaid lines and prepaid loads to DepEd officials and personnel at the Central Office, Regional Offices, Schools Division Offices, and public schools. This also defines the roles and responsibilities of offices concerned in managing this program.
- Policy Statement
This policy aims to rationalize and regulate the provision and use of mobile phones, postpaid lines and prepaid loads for authorized regular DepEd’ officials and personnel concerned at the Central Office, Regional Offices, Schools Division Offices and public schools.
The Department shall provide authorized officials and personnel listed herein with postpaid line and prepaid load for use in the performance of their official duties and responsibilities.
- This provision shall not be treated as allowance, but as an expense subject to reimbursement or liquidation procedure requiring submission of the corresponding billing statements and/or official receipts.
- The postpaid line and prepaid load shall be provided to officials, and to other personnel holding regular positions in the DepEd agency staffing pattern who have been duly designated by the competent authorities to perform the duties and responsibilities as Officers-in-Charge of such positions.
- The authorized/eligible recipients and their maximum provision for the postpaid line and prepaid load are as follows:
|Office and Position
|Monthly Ceiling (Php)
|Assistant Division Chief
|Allowable provision for the staff of the Office of the Secretary – Proper
|Allowable provision for the staff of the Office of Undersecretary
|Allowable provision for the staff of the Office of the Assistant Secretary
|Allowable provision for the staff of the Office of the Director
|Regional Director (RD)
|Assistant Regional Director
|Education Program Supervisor
|Allowable provision for other RO personnel authorized by the RD
|School Division Office
|School Division Superintendent
|Assistant School Division Superintendent
|Education Program Supervisor
|Public Schools District Supervisor
|Allowable provision for other SDO personnel authorized by the SDS
- The members of the Executive Committee may be allowed not more than two (2) mobile phone line accounts, provided that the total amount (when the two (2) billings are added) to be availed shall not exceed the monthly ceiling herein specified per position or eligible recipient. However, for the other eligible recipients, only one (1) postpaid line per eligible recipient shall be allowed regardless of whether the ceiling has been fully used or not. The eligible recipient has the option to avail of either a postpaid line (DepEd Account or Personal Account) or prepaid load.
- The Head of Office concerned shall identify and submit to Personnel Division/Section/Unit the list of personnel/staff who will be authorized to avail of official postpaid line and prepaid load chargeable against the “allowable provision per office”. Staff who are on Contract of Service (COS) or Job Order status will not be allowed to avail of this provision. Attached is the template to be used for this purpose. (See attached Annex A)
- In no circumstances shall “Pass/Share-a-Load” be allowed. Charges for “pass/share-a-load” will be on personal account of the eligible recipient and payment will not be charged against government funds.
- Charges from postpaid plan in excess of the monthly ceiling of authorized provision shall be paid for by the personnel concerned.
- Should the authorized postpaid line include the issuance of mobile phone units at no additional cost to DepEd, the device/unit shall be the property of the subscriber.
- Mobile phone units, if procured and issued by DepEd, shall be covered by the Property Acknowledgement Report (PAR) duly acknowledged by the eligible recipient who shall be responsible/accountable for the unit/s issued. When the eligible recipient retires, resigns, or is transfered, any mobile phones or equivalent unit issued by DepED must be turned over to
the Regional/Division office or school, who in turn shall surrender the units to the General Services Division-Central Office.
- Procurement of mobile phones to be issued by DepEd shall strictly observe the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of R.A. No. 9184 or the Government Procurement Reform Act.
- Upkeep of Mobile Phone Units
- The eligible recipient shall exercise due care in the use of the DepEd-issued mobile phone unit.
- In cases where the unit needs to be repaired, the official or personnel concerned shall directly proceed to the service provider for the repair of the unit.
- All expenses for the repair and maintenance of the DepEd-procured and issued mobile phone unit that are not covered by the warranty shall be on personal account of the eligible recipient.
- Disposal of DepEd-issued mobile phones shall follow the guideline and procedures in disposing unserviceable equipment.
- Payment of Postpaid Line and Prepaid Load Provision
- For Postpaid Line under DepEd Account
- Upon the receipt of the Statement of Account (SOA) for postpaid line under the official DepEd account, the Records Division /Section /Unit shall transmit the same to the Personnel Division / Section/Unit.
- The Personnel Division/Section/Unit shall review the SOA, prepare the Obligation Request Status (ORS) and the Disbursement Voucher (DV), and forward the said documents to the Budget Division/Section/Unit.
- The Budget Division/Section/Unit shall process and record the ORS in the Registry of Allotment and Obligation.
- The Accounting Division/Section/Unit shall process the payment and ensure that the bills are paid on or before the due date.
- Pursuant to COA Circular No. 2012-001, claims for postpaid line and prepaid load must be supported by a SOA/Bill/
Invoice/Official Receipt or machine validated SOA and Certification by Agency Head or his authorized representative or the eligible recipient stating that calls made are all official in nature.
- For Postpaid Line under Personal Account and for Prepaid Load
- The reimbursement procedures shall be followed. That is, payment of monthly provision for postpaid line shall be made only upon presentation of Official Receipt and Statement of Account from the service provider.
- For prepaid load, payment shall be made on the basis of an Official Receipt from the seller and a Certification by Agency Head or his authorized representative or the eligible recipient stating that calls made are all official in nature.
- Source of Fund
- The amounts required for payment of postpaid line and prepaid load under this Order shall be taken from the General Administrative Support Service (GASS)-MOOE appropriations/budget of the Central Office, Regional Offices, School Division Offices and schools, and from other available legal sources, subject to availability of funds and in compliance with existing budgeting, accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Other programs and projects with allocation for communication expense shall charge its expenses from the respective program and project funds, subject to separate internal guideline and in compliance with existing budgeting, accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- All offices and accountable officials and personnel thereof shall comply with existing financial reporting guidelines on the use of funds for this purpose.
- Any related concerns of offices not covered by the provisions of this policy shall be referred to the appropriate governance level.
- The Budget and Accounting Divisions of the DepEd Central Office, Regional Finance Division and Finance Unit SDOs shall monitor compliance and evaluate implementation of this DepEd Order.
This Order shall take effect immediately and supersedes all issuances inconsistent with the herein guideline.
YOU MAY WANT TO DOWNLOAD:
- COMPLETE DAILY LESSON LOG [DLL] FOR GRADE 1-6
- K-12 LESSON PLANS FOR GRADE 1-6
- POWERPOINT LESSONS FOR GRADE 1-6