A simplified set of school forms was introduced and adopted through DepEd Order No. (DO) 4, s. 2014 entitled Adoption of the Modified School Forms (SFs)for Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Effective End of School Year 2013-2014. Currently, SFs 1, 2, 4, 5and6 are used to record data on learners in Kinder (except SF5), and Grades 1 to 10, while SF3 captures information related to textbook distribution and SF 7 collects information about each school personnel’s current official duty or teaching assignments. This set of modified school forms provides significant information that are valuable in making evidence-based assessment, planning, resource allocation, performance monitoring, and evaluation.
The inclusive implementation of the K to 12 Basic Education Program, particularly of Senior High School (SHS), and the intensified delivery of the Alternative Learning System (ALS), necessitated the development of updated school and ALS forms respectively. There is also the need to update the data elements being collected from the Kindergarten program and to standardize the learners’ health and nutrition report and permanent academic achievement record. These new, standardized forms shall complement DO 4, s. 2014. This set of school and ALS forms are the result of a series of consultations and discussions with the School Forms Review Team (SFRT) composed of teachers, principals, and key personnel from the schools division, regional, and central offices.
II. SCOPE OF THE POLICY
This policy covers the adoption of new forms for Kindergarten, SHS, and ALS, and the standardization of the learners’ health and nutrition, and permanent records.
The use of these forms in all public schools is mandatory. No other forms will be used as official documents in public schools nationwide unless approved by the Office of the Undersecretary for Planning and Field Operations. Private schools, State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs), and other Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) offering the basic education curriculum are enjoined to adopt the new forms.
III. POLICY STATEMENT
While this policy shall lessen the time and effort of teachers and school heads consumed for administrative matters to allow them to focus on their core business, which is the delivery of the curriculum, the paramount consideration of this policy is to ensure that our school and ALS personnel gather no more than those data that are important and relevant to our school and ALS statistics. The simplicity in data gathering and reporting with this new set of forms does not compromise the accuracy of the information being collected.
IV. NEW SCHOOL FORMS GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
Beginning SY 2017-2018, the school forms in Enclosure No. 2 shall be used nationwide. The ALS forms, also in Enclosure No. 2, shall be used by mobile teachers and district ALS Coordinators beginning this Calendar Year (CY) 2017. These new school and ALS forms in spreadsheet format are available for download from the Deped Official Website (www.deped.gov.ph) under the Resources Tab, and from the Learner Information System (lis.deped.gov.ph) Support Page. Below is the summary of new school and ALS forms:
SUMMARY OF FORMS
- ES – Elementary School (Grade 1 to 6)
- JHS – Junior High School (Grades 7 to 10)
- SHS – Senior High School (Grades 11 and 12)
|School Form 1 – School Register||A list of learners who are officially enrolled and attending classes||SF1||ES, JHS|
|School Form 2 – Learner Daily Attendance Report||A list of the learners’ daily attendance||SF2||ES, JHS|
|School Form 3 – Books Issued and Returned||A list of books and other reading materials issued to the learners, and returned to the issuing authority||SF3||ES, JHS|
|School Form 4 – Monthly Learner Movement and Attendance Report||Summary number of learners who moved in/out of the school during the month||SF4||ES, JHS|
|School Form 5 – Report on Promotion and Level of Proficiency||A list of the learners’ academic performance and result of assessment by the end of the school year||SF5-K||Kinder|
|School Form 5A – End of Semester and School Year Learner Status||A list of the learners’ academic performance and result of assessment by the end of the semester and school year||SF5A-SHS||SHS|
|School Form 5B – List of Learners with Complete SHS Requirements||A list of Grade 12 learners who completed SHS requirements and are candidates for graduation||SF5B-SHS||SHS|
|School Form 6 – Summarized Report on Promotion and Level of Proficiency||Summary number of learner status by the end of the semester and/or school year||SF6||ES, JHS|
|School Form 7 – School Personnel Assignment List and Basic Profile||A list of the school personnel’s profile and official duty, such as teaching assignments, ancillary responsibilities, etc.||SF7||ES, JHS|
|School Form 8 – Learner’s Basic Health and Nutrition Report||A record of the learners’ health and nutritional assessment||SF8
|Kinder, ES, JHS SHS|
|School Form 9 – Learner’s Progress Report Card||An individual, periodic report of a learner’s academic achievement per grade level||SF9-ES||ES|
|School Form 10 – Learner’s Permanent Academic Record||An individual record of a learner’s academic achievement per level||SF10-ES||ES|
A. School Form 5 – Report on Promotion and Level of Proficiency for Kinder(SF5-K)
At the end of the school year, the Kindergarten teacher will prepare the report on the learners’ individual assessment results. The said assessment and corresponding results must be in accordance with DO 8, s. 2015 Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program, and DO 47, s. 2016 Omnibus Policy on Kindergarten Education
B. School Form 8 -Learner’s Basic Health and Nutrition Report (SF81
At the beginning of the school year, with the assistance of the School Nurse (if any), the class adviser/MAPEH teacher will conduct actual measurement of height and weight of each learner to calculate the Body Mass Index (BMI) value and weight status. The procedure may be repeated as deemed necessary to measure improvement before the end of school year. This replaces all other school forms on nutritional status with the same data elements related to BMI.
C. School Form 9 -Learner’s Progress Report Card (SF91
The Progress Report Card was renamed to Learner’s Progress Report Card or SF9. The format and content of the existing Progress Report Card as prescribed by DO 8, s.2015 will still be adopted in all grade levels except in Kinder.
D. School Form 10 -Learner’s Permanent Academic Record (SF101
The Permanent Record commonly known as Form 137 was renamed to Learner’s Permanent Academic Record or SF10. To simplify the format and content, SF10 will only bear the DepEd official logo and seal. This will provide consistency and uniformity to lessen the bulk of stapled forms or even re-writing the same information to school-customized Form 137 whenever a learner transfers to another school. The following instructions must be strictly observed:
- a. Effective SY 2017-2018, the updated and standardized SF10 will be adopted for Grades 1 and 7.
- b. For other grade levels (Grades 2 to 6, Grades 8 to 10) the old/existing format of Form 137 will be used until the learners complete the elementary and junior high school level, respectively. There is no need to rename to SF10.
- c. Incoming Grade 11 (SHS) will continue using the existing format and content of Form 137 as issued through DepEd Order No. 69, s. 2016 but will rename the form as SF10-SHS.
- d. Procedures in preparation of SF10-ES
- d. 1. The Grade 1 teacher will prepare one (1) copy only of SF10-ES and attach the relevant supporting documents (such as copy of the birth certificate, kindergarten completion certificate/Early Childhood Care and Development(ECCD) checklist, progress report or other equivalent document)
- d. 2. If the learner continues his/her studies in the same Elementary School (ES), the SF10- ES will be forwarded by the Grade 1 adviser to the Grade 2 adviser. The receiving adviser will make the necessary updating in the same SF10-ES he/she received. The same procedure will be followed in the succeeding grade levels until the learner completes Grade 6.
- d. 3. If the learner transferred out to continue the elementary level to another ES, the receiving ES shall request the transfer of original copy of SFlO-ESand other pertinent documents. The originating ES, upon receipt of a written request or system notification of transfer through the LIS, whichever comes first, will create one certified true photocopy of SF10-ES for their file and send the original SFlO-ESalong with other pertinent document to
the receiving ES. The receiving ES will update the LIS once the documents have been received, and will continue filling up the original SF10. Section V Guidelines on Learner’s School Record and Section VI Other Provisions as stipulated in DO 54, s. 2016 shall be strictly followed.
- d.4.The ES where the learner completed his/her elementary level shall keep the original copy of SF10-ES. If the learner requests for additional copies for his/her employment, or for any reason other than to enroll for Junior High School (JHS), the ES may create a certified true copy from the original SF10-ES. The certified true photocopy that has the school seal and School Head’s signature in ink shall be provided to the learner.
- d. 5. If the learner proceeded to JHS, the ES, upon receipt of a written request or system notification of transfer through the LIS whichever comes first, will create one certified true copy of SFlO-ESand send it along with other pertinent documents to the requesting JHS. The receiving JHS, through the Grade 7 adviser, shall use the certified true copy of SF10-ES as a reference to create SF10-JHS.
- d. 6. Any erasures or alterations on the document should be validated and bear the signature of the School Head in ink.
- d. 7. The SF10-ES shall be prepared at the end of school year or in the event of learner transfers within the school year.
- d. 8. The SF10-ES shall be printed using ordinary legal size bond paper. Commercial printing that will result in unnecessary expenses is hereby discouraged.
- d. 9. To reiterate provisions of D08, s. 2015 entitled Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program and D047, s. 2016 entitled Omnibus Policy on Kindergarten Education, learners enrolled in the Kindergarten program shall use the ECCD checklist instead of Form 137 or SF10-ES.
- e. Procedures in preparation of SF10-JHS.
- e. 1. The Grade 7 class adviser will prepare one (1) copy only of SF10-JHS and attach the certified true photocopy of SF10-ES along with other relevant supporting documents.
If the Form 137 or SF10-ES is not available due to learner’s acceleration, the certified true copy of assessment result or certificate shall be used as reference and attachment in SF10-JHS.
- e. 2. If the learner continues his/her studies in the same JHS, the SF10-JHS will be forwarded by the Grade 7 adviser to the Grade 8 adviser. The receiving adviser will make the necessary updating in the same SF10-JHS he/she received. The same procedure will be followed in the succeeding grade levels until the learner completes Grade 10.
- e. 3. If the learner transferred out to continue to another JHS, the receiving JHS shall request the transfer of original copy of SFlO-JHSand other pertinent documents. The originating JHS, upon receipt of a written request or system notification of transfer
through the LIS, whichever comes first, will create one certified true copy of SF10-JHS for their file and send the original SFlO-JHSalong with other pertinent document to the receiving JHS. The receiving JHS will update the LIS once the documents have been received, and will continue filling up the original SF10-JHS. Section V Guidelines on Learner’s School Record and Section VI Other Provisions as stipulated in DO 54, s. 2016 shall be strictly followed.
- e. 4.The JHS where the learner completed his/her junior high school level shall keep the original copy of SF10-JHS. If the learner requests for additional copies for his/her employment, or for any reason other than to enroll for Senior High School (SHS), the school may create a certified true copy from the original SF10-JHS. The certified true copy that has the school seal and School Head’s signature in ink shall be provided to the learner.
- e. 5. If the learner proceeded to SHS, the JHS, upon receipt of a written request or system notification of transfer through the LIS whichever comes first, will create one certified true copy of SFlO-JHSand send it along with other pertinent documents such as copy of SF10ES to the requesting SHS. The receiving SHS, through the Grade 11 adviser, shall use the certified true copy of SF10-JHS as a reference to create SF10-SHS. Provisions stipulated in DO 69, s. 2016 shall be strictly observed.
- e. 6. Any erasures or alterations on the document should be validated and bear the signature of the School Head in ink.
- e. 7. The SF10-JHS shall be prepared at the end of school year or in the event of learner transfers within the school year.
- e. 8. The SF10-JHS shall be printed using ordinary legal size bond paper. Commercial printing that will result in unnecessary expenses is hereby discouraged.
E. Alternative Learning System (ALS)
The revised ALS Forms will effectively replace the MIS Forms 001 and 002 and shall be used by all ALS facilitators nationwide effective Calendar Year 2017.
|Current Forms||Revised Forms||Code||Description|
|MIS 001||ALS Form 1 – List of Mapped and Potential Learners||AF1||A list of potential ALS learners identified during mapping activities|
|MIS 002||ALS Form 2 Enrolment Form||AF2||A basic information sheet of individualswho signified interest to enroll in ALS program|
|MIS 002||ALS Form 3 – Master List of Enrolled Learners and End of Program Assessment||AF3||A record of learners who are officially enrolled in ALS classes and their individual assessment status at the end of the program for the calendar year|
|MIS 002||ALS Form 4 – Master List of A&E Registrants||AF4||A list of candidates qualified to take the A&E accreditation and equivalency exam.|
|MIS 002||ALS Form 5 – Learner’s Permanent Record||AF5||A record of learner’s basic personal profile and learning performance|
V. IMPLEMENTATION GUIDELINES
1. New forms adopted in this policy will be available with pre-populated data for downloading from the LIS website on or before the end of SY2017-2018.
2. The sets of new school and ALS forms with data element descriptions and instructions on how to accomplish them are provided in Enclosure No. 2. Electronic Forms in MS Excel format are available for download from www.deped.gov.ph through the Resource tab and lis.deped.gov.ph under the Support Page. To ensure consistency and compliance with the standardized format, downloading of electronic forms through unauthorized/unofficial websites or social media portals is hereby discouraged.
3. The school head is responsible for organizing orientation meetings/activities to ensure that teachers are knowledgeable in using the new forms. The School Governance and Operations Division (SGOD) may extend technical assistance to support the said activity.
4. The ALS focal person/s in the Schools Division Office, under the supervision of the Curriculum Implementation Division (CID) shall also conduct orientations for the information and guidance of ALS mobile teachers and other ALS learning facilitators.
VI. MONITORING AND EVALUATION
The Education Management Information System Division – Planning Service (EMISD-PS), the School Effectiveness Division (SED) – BHROD, and the Bureau of Learning Delivery (BLD) will jointly monitor and oversee the national implementation of these new school and ALS forms.
The Schools Division Office, through the SGOD, is likewise mandated to monitor compliance with this policy, and shall submit regular monitoring reports to the Regional Office through the Policy Planning and Research Division (PPRD) for quality assurance and technical assistance. Any policy-related issues or non-compliance with these guidelines shall be reported to the Central Office, through the Planning Service.
VII. SPECIAL PROVISION
Teachers, school heads and all concerned DepEd personnel are cautioned against individuals or groups that may attempt to sell electronic or print copies of these new forms as well as the first set of modified school forms released through Deped Order 4, s. 2014. Teachers/School heads may directly report such incidents to the Office of the Director, Planning Service at [email protected] or at telephone no. (02) 687-2744.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW SCHOOL FORMS BELOW:
- School Form 1 School Register for Senior High School (SF1-SHS)
- School Form 2 Daily Attendance Report of Learners for Senior High School (SF2-SHS)
- School Form 3 Books Issued and Returned for Senior High School (SF3-SHS)
- School Form 4 Monthly Learners’ Movement and Attendance for Senior High School (SF4-SHS)
- School Form 5 Report on Promotion & Level of Proficiency For Kinder (SF5-K)
- School Form 5A End of Semester and School Year Status of Learners for Senior High School (SF5A-SHS)
- School Form 5B List of Learners with Complete SHS Requirements (SF56-SHS)
- School Form 6 Summarized Report of Learner Status as of End of Semester and School Year for Senior High School (SF6-SHS)
- School Form 7 School Personnel Basic Profile and Assignment for Senior High School (SF7-SHS)
- School Form 8 Learner’s Basic Health and Nutrition Report for Senior High School (SF8-SHS)
- School Form 8 Learner’s Basic Health and Nutrition Report (SF8)
- Learner Permanent Record for Elementary School (SF10-ES)
- Learner Permanent Record for Junior High School (SF10-JHS)
- ALS MASTERLIST OF MAPPED AND POTENTIAL LEARNERS (AF1)
- ALS ENROLMENT FORM (AF2)
- ALS MASTERLIST OF ENROLLED LEARNERS WITH END OF PROGRAM/CY STATUS (AF-3)
- ALS MASTERLIST OF A&E REGISTRANTS (AF-4)
- ALS LEARNER’S PERMANENT RECORD (AF-5)
- ENCLOSURE 2 DATA ELEMENT DESCRIPTIONS TO ALL FORMS
GUIDELINES IN THE PREPARATION OF ALL FORMS IS TO BE FOLLOWED