FILED: Proposed amendments to the 2019 budget: Additional Funds for the Benefits of Public School Teachers
1. Cash allowance of (P5,000) for classroom teachers
2. Additional MOOE for the monetary and non-monetary benefits of public school teachers under collective negotiation agreements
3. Annual medical examination and treatment for public school teacher (P800 per employee)
– We also propose a lump sum of P3,000,000,000 for free medical treatment and/or hospitalization of teachers as provided under the second paragraph of Section 22 of the Magna Carta for Public School Teachers.
4. Special hardship allowance
– We adopt the proposal of the DepEd for a total special hardship allowance of P3,808,123,288.58, and therefore propose an additional P1,655,666,288.58 to augment the P2,152,457,000 already provided under the GAB.
5. Additional compensation for overtime
– We propose an additional P500,000,000 as funds for the additional compensation for work rendered by teachers in excess of six hours of actual classroom teaching a day.
6. Additional compensation for co-curricular and out of school activities (additional P500,000,000 as funds)
7. Benefits of public school teachers in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao
– To ensure that the above benefits under the Magna Carta for Public School Teachers are also enjoyed by public school teachers in the ARMM, we propose an additional P1,000,000,000 for the implementation of the above benefits for the teachers in the Region.
8. Compensation for substitute teachers (additional P1,345,208,00013 fund)
9. Additional P1,500,000,000 Funding in the Commission on Elections for Honoraria of Poll Workers under the Elections Service Reform Act
B. Amendments to State Universities and Colleges
1. Additional funding for the promotion of faculty personnel – an additional P2,915,562,515.15 to fund the promotion of faculty personnel in 107 SUCs pursuant to National Budget Circular 461 (2012) up to Cycle 7A.
2. Prohibition of return service requirement
– No return service requirement of any form and designation shall be imposed for the beneficiaries of Republic Act 10931 or the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act
C. Other Proposed Amendments
1. Department of Education
– We propose the restoration to their 2018 levels the budgets of the following vital programs of the DepEd, with a total amount of P6,441,496,000.
2. National Printing Office
– To ensure the salaries and benefits of the 396 employees17 of the National Printing Office (NPO), we hereby adopt the proposal of the NPO Workers Association (NAPOWA) for a total budget of P99,911,000 for Personnel Services, or an additional P88,412,000.