The Official Deped School Year (SY) 2019-2020 will formally be open on Monday, June 3, 2019 and will ended on Friday, April 3, 2020 [tentative].
This is in pursuant to Republic Act No. 7797 or “An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) days to not more than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days.” inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year.
Private schools may deviate from DepEd’s schedule but it must be following RA 7797, Section 3 (Start of the School Year) that states, “The school year shall start on the first Monday of June but not later than the last day of August.” Private schools must notify in advance their respective regional offices (ROs) regarding any deviation from DepEd’s school calendar.
In preparation for the opening of classes for SY 2019-2020, the schools shall conduct the following activities:
- Early Registration of learners, beginning on January 26 and ends on February 22, 2019 in the schools where they wish to study;
- Brigada Eskwela from May 20-25, 2019 to enable the community and the school to prepare their facilities before the start of another school year;
- Oplan Balik Eskwela from May 20-31, 2019 to facilitate the enrolment of learners; and
- In-Servce Training (INSET) activities for teachers from May 27-May 31, a week before the opening of classes.
2019 Regular and Special Non-Working Holidays
- 01 January 2019 (Tuesday) | New Year’s Day
- 09 April 2019 (Tuesday) | Araw ng Kagitingan
- 18 April 2019 (Thursday) | Maundy Thursday
- 19 April 2019 (Friday) | Good Friday
- 01 May 2019 (Wednesday) | Labor Day
- 12 June 2019 (Wednesday) | Independence Day
- 26 August 2019 (Monday) | National Heroes’ Day
- 30 November 2019 (Saturday) | Bonifacio Day
- 25 December 2019 (Wednesday) | Christmas Day
- 30 December 2019 (Monday) | Rizal Day
Special Non-Working Days
- 05 February 2019 (Tuesday) | Chinese New Year
- 25 February 2019 (Monday) | EDSA Revolution Anniversary
- 20 April 2019 (Saturday) | Black Saturday
- 21 August 2019 (Wednesday) | Ninoy Aquino Day
- 01 November 2019 (Friday) | All Saints’ Day
- 08 December 2019 (Sunday) | Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary
- 31 December 2019 (Tuesday) | Last Day of the Year
Additional Special Non-Working Days
- 02 November 2019 (Saturday) | All Souls’ Day
- 24 December 2019 (Tuesday) | Day Before Christmas
Malacañang will issue a Proclamation to declare national holidays for Eid’l Fitr and Eid’l Adha after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined.
DepEd School Calendar for School Year 2019-2020 will be posted here as soon as it becomes available.