The Department of Education (DepEd) on Wednesday maintained that it does not allow mass face-to-face activities related to in-service training and other seminars for teachers.
“The Department strictly adheres to the guidelines and required health protocols on work and office arrangements set by the IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases), the Department of Health, and the Civil Service Commission (CSC),” it said in a statement.
This came after 49 DepEd employees in Zambales tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) after attending two face-to-face seminars in Zambales that were organized by the school heads from March 2 to 6.
It noted that the case is under investigation and “appropriate disciplinary actions for authorities who breached protocols will be taken” upon the completion of the investigation.
“We are closely monitoring our teachers who were unfortunately exposed to the virus. We have also coordinated with the concerned field offices to provide medical assistance and psychosocial support for them,” it said.
To prevent similar incidents, the DepEd urged its field offices to exercise prudence and observe existing alternative work arrangements and protocols of CSC and DepEd, which include the prohibition on large physical gatherings.
DOWNLOAD MOST ESSENTIAL LEARNING TEACHING MATERIALS
- All New 3RD Quarter Self-Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 in All Subjects
- Weekly Home Learning Plans 1st-4th Quarter in Complete Subjects for Grades 1-6
- Self Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 all Subjects All Quarters
- Complete daily lesson log DLL G1-6
- Complete PowerPoint Lesson Plan G1-6
- Complete Learning and Teaching Materials for Junior – Senior High
- Contextualize Lesson Plans for Kinder, Grades 1-10
- MELC’s for All Subjects
- Official Workweek Plan Templates
Be the first to be informed, Please like our Facebook Page here
Disclaimer: This post is created for information, education and dissemination purposes only, NO copyright infringement intended, for more questions and inquiries contact us at [email protected]