An official of the Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Thursday vowed to work with the Department of Education (DepEd) on its request for an increase in the salary of teachers who are serving during elections.
“Accordingly, the Comelec is willing to work with the DepEd in order to find ways to either accommodate their requests or, in the appropriate instances, to help them achieve the results they seek,” Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez said in a statement. “The Comelec recognizes the invaluable role played by teachers in ensuring the success of elections.”
Teachers have been serving as board of election inspectors (BEIs) during the country’s electoral exercises.
Education Secretary Leonor Briones said she earlier wrote Comelec Chairman Sheriff Abas requesting for an increase in the honoraria for teaching and non-teaching personnel who will serve in the 2022 national and local polls.
Under the proposal, the DepEd is seeking a
- PHP9,000 compensation for the chairperson of BEIs,
- PHP8,000 for members,
- PHP7,000 for supervisors, and
- PHP5,000 for support staff.
A PHP500 per day Covid-19 hazard pay for the authorized poll workers is also requested.
DOWNLOAD MOST ESSENTIAL LEARNING TEACHING MATERIALS
- All New 3RD Quarter Self-Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 in All Subjects
- Weekly Home Learning Plans 1st-4th Quarter in Complete Subjects for Grades 1-6
- Self Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 all Subjects All Quarters
- Complete daily lesson log DLL G1-6
- Complete PowerPoint Lesson Plan G1-6
- Complete Learning and Teaching Materials for Junior – Senior High
- Contextualize Lesson Plans for Kinder, Grades 1-10
- MELC’s for All Subjects
- Official Workweek Plan Templates
Be the first to be informed, Please like our Facebook Page here
Disclaimer: This post is created for information, education and dissemination purposes only, NO copyright infringement intended, for more questions and inquiries contact us at [email protected]