DepEd 2019 End of School Year Rites & Graduation Theme
Assistant Secretaries Bureau and Service Directors Regional Directors Regional Secretary, ARMM Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads All Others Concerned
- For School Year (SY) 2018-2019, the Department of Education (DepEd) announces the conduct of the followingEnd-of-School-Year (EOSY) Rites:
DEPED 2019 GRADUATION RITES & THEME
- The 2019 ceremonies shall focus on the themePagkakaisa sa Pagkakaiba- iba: Kalidad na Edukasyon para sa Lahat(Unity in Diversity: Quality Education for All). Schools, schools divisions or regional offices may translate the theme into their respective Mother Tongues. This theme highlights the role of the K to 12 Basic Education Program in developing an educated society where the challenges and benefits of diversity are embraced and welcomed by every Filipino.
- As announced in Enclosure No. 2 of DepEd Order (DO) No. 25, s. 2018 entitled SchoolCalendar for School Year 2018-2019, the EOSY rites should be scheduled not earlier thanApril 1, 2019, but not later than April 5, 2019. Schools, divisions or regions with an extended SY shall be guided by their approved revised school calendar.
- In line with the government’s austerity program, DepEd reiterates the following policies:
- Graduation rites should be simple but meaningful to encourage civil rights, a sense of community, and personal responsibility.
While these rites mark a milestone in the life of the learners, these should be conducted without excessive spending, extravagant attire or extraordinary venue;
- Moving Up or Completion Ceremonies should be simple, involving only the learners, their parents and the school; and
- Nonacademic projects such as attendance to field trips, film showing, Junior-Senior promenade, and other school events should not be imposed as requirements for graduation or completion.
For Public Schools only
- Expenses relative to the activity should be charged to the school Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses subject to existing guidelines.No DepEd personnel shall be allowed to collect any kind of contribution or fee for graduation/moving up/completion ceremony.
- The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates are as follows:
|For private elementary and secondary schools, technical and vocational institutions (TVIs), and higher education institutions (HEIs), including state universities and colleges (SUCs) and local universities and colleges (LUCs)||The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates is optional. The signature of the school head is required, while the signature of the schools division superintendent is not required.|
|For public elementary and secondary schools||The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates is required|
- Awarding of honors to learners from Grades 1 to 12 shall follow the guidelines in DO 36, s. 2016 entitledPolicy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- Further, the EOSY rites and moving up or completion ceremony shall be conducted in an appropriate solemn ceremony befitting the learners and their parents andshall not be used as a political forum.DepEd reiterates the strict compliance with DO 48, s. 2018 entitled Prohibition of Electioneering and Partisan Political Activity.
- For more information, please contact theBureau of Learning Delivery- Teaching and Learning Division,4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 638-4799 and (02) 687-2948, or email at [email protected]
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
SOURCE: DO_s2019_002 < — Deped Order for graduation rites & Theme