The Department of Education’s (DepEd) request for increased stipend of teachers with poll duties in the upcoming national election will be included in the 2022 budget of the Commission on Elections (Comelec), Secretary Leonor Briones said Tuesday.
Apart from PHP500 Covid-19 hazard pay per day, DepEd requested for PHP1,000 food and PHP2,000 transportation allowance.
A PHP3,000 additional pay for teachers who will serve as poll watchers was also proposed.
“We asked [the Comelec] if there could be provision for overtime [pay], [budget for] transport, food and of course, security and protection which are also risks teachers are exposed to in certain areas,” Briones said during a televised public briefing.
She noted the Comelec provided a “positive response”, giving assurance that all of DepEd’s requests will be proposed in its 2022 budget.
If the increase is granted,
- electoral board chairpersons will receive PHP9,000,
- electoral board members PHP8,000,
- supervisor officials PHP7,000,
- and support staff PHP5,000.
YOU MAY ALSO DOWNLOAD MOST ESSENTIAL LEARNING TEACHING MATERIALS
- 1st-4th Self Learning Modules for Grades 1-12 all Subjects All Quarters
- 2nd Quarter Performance Tasks G1-6 All Subjects with Rubrics
- Weekly Home Learning Plans 1st-4th Quarter in Complete Subjects for Grades 1-6
- Complete daily lesson log DLL G1-6
- Complete PowerPoint Lesson Plan G1-6
- Complete Learning and Teaching Materials for Junior – Senior High
- Contextualize Lesson Plans for Kinder, Grades 1-10
- MELC’s for All Subjects
- Official Workweek Plan Templates
Be the first to be informed, Please like our Facebook Page here
Disclaimer: This post is created for information, education and dissemination purposes only, NO copyright infringement intended, for more questions and inquiries contact us at [email protected]