AMENDMENTS TO DEPED ORDER NO. 30, S. 2016 (POLICIES AND GUIDELINES ON OVERTIME SERVICES AND PAYMENT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION)
- Assistant Secretaries
- Bureau and Service Directors Regional Directors Superintendents
- Division Chiefs
- All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) issued DepEd Order (DO) No. 30, s. 2016 dated May 19, 2016 entitled “Policies and Guidelines on Overtime Services and Payment in the Department of Education”. However, in order to streamline the process of the grant of authority to render overtime services, the following items are hereby amended as follows:
a. Section D., Item No. 5 shall read as: “Heads of Bureaus/Offices shall secure authority to render OT services on a monthly basis from the Undersecretary /Assistant Secretary concerned in the case of the Central Office, and by the Division Chiefs from their Regional Director or Schools Division Superintendent in the case of Regional Office or Schools Division Office.”
b. Section D., Item No. 6 shall read as: “OT services shall be rendered only after the request for authority to render OT services has been approved by the Undersecretary /Assistant Secretary concerned, in the case of the Central Office, by the Regional Director for the Regional Office and by the Schools Division Superintendent for the Schools Division Office
2. Request for authority to render OT services shall be approved by the highest official overseeing the organizational unit/s.
3. All other provisions stated in DepEd Order No. 30, s. 2016 shall remain in effect.
4. This Order takes effect on May 01, 2019.