To: Undersecretaries Assistant Secretaries Bureau and Service Directors Regional Directors Schools Division Superintendents Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads All Others Concerned
1. As per DepEd Order No. 88, s. 2012 entitled Conduct of the Schools Division Superintendents Examination, and DepEd Memorandum No. 47, s. 2015 entitled Change in and Additional Information to DepEd Memorandum No. 30, s. 2015, the 2017 Schools Division Superintendent Examination, also known as the Educational Management Test (EMT), shall be administered by the Department of Education through the Bureau of Education Assessment (BEA) in January 2018.
2. Regional, division, and district supervisors, public elementary and secondary school principals, division chiefs in bureaus/centers/services in the central office (CO) and regional offices (ROs), administrators and professors in state universities and colleges (SUCs) and private colleges and universities, who hold Certificates of Registration from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) as professional teachers, are allowed to take the test.
3. Applicants must possess the following qualifications and submit the corresponding requirements:
|a. Education||at least MA, MAEd, MAT, or any related master’s degree with educational specialization||Transcript of Records|
|b. Experience||at least five years experience in administration and instructional supervision, in accordance with DepEd Memorandum No. 47, s. 2015||Service Record|
|c. Performance||duly certified ratings for the last two years, which must be at least Very Satisfactory (VS)||Performance
|d. Eligibility||Career Executive Service Eligible (CESE), Career Service Executive Eligible (CSEE), and passers of the Career Executive Officers (CEO) written examination||Certification from the Civil Service Commission (CSC) or Career Executive Service Board (CESB)|
|e. Age||no age requirement as per DepEd Memorandum No. 47, s. 2015||not applicable|
4. The examination shall cover the following domains:
- a. Policy Action and Strategic Planning (PASP);
- b. Educational Leadership and Management (ELM);
- c. Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (CIA);
- d. Research and Evaluation (RE); and
- e. Integration (essay).
5. The following steps shall be strictly observed:
- a. Applicants must accomplish the enclosed application form and required documents and submit them to the Division Office (DO);
- b. Applicants must pay the registration fee of two thousand pesos (P2,000.00) to the division collecting officers;
- c. The schools division superintendents (SDS) shall evaluate the documents from applicants and submit the list of qualified applicants with their duly validated documents to the Personnel Division, Central Office (CO), on or before December 29, 2017 (Friday);
- d. All EMT registration fee collections (supported by an official list of examinees certified by the SDS) shall be remitted intact to the Cash Division, CO, either through cash or demand draft transmitted to DepEd NETRC Trust Account No. 3342-1010-37, Landbank (LBP) Pasig Capitol Branch. Likewise, the designated BEA collecting officer shall issue an official receipt to acknowledge receipt of collections. Qualified EMT applicants may also pay directly to the Cash Division, CO; and
- e. Collections shall be deposited to the LBP NETRC Trust Account, to partially cover the expenses that will be incurred in the implementation of the said testing project such as printing of test materials and other incidental expense
6. The date and venue of test administration shall be announced on a later date in a separate memorandum.
7. Disbursements that are chargeable to the said collections shall be subject to the existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Deped Memo no. 190 Series of 2017 from Deped Official Website