Bureau and Service Directors
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues this DepEd Order on Establishing the Minimum Performance Standards and Specifications (MPSS) for DepEd School Buildings to guide the Department and other stakeholders in the preparation of plans—architectural, structural, electrical, fire protection and sanitary— to ensure the comfort and safety of the would-be occupants of the school buildings.
- A well-designed school building, that considers ergonomics, anthropometrics, thermal comfort, illumination, ventilation, acoustics, color, and compliance with the law, contributes to improved student performance, and makes a lasting impression on the community with regard to importance of education.
- All DepEd Orders and other related issuances, rules and regulations that are inconsistent with these minimum performance standards and specifications are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon its approval.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES